[Prev][Next][Index]

Yet another medication unsuitable for plant tanks

I recently treated an Anomalochromis thomasi for a suspected thyroid
tumor by adding 1ppm KI directly to my display tank.  While this didn't
make much of a difference to the fish, within one week many
plants developed massive chlorosis.  All of the plants were affected
to some degree, with major damage occuring to Echinodorus spp.,
Limnobium laevigatum, and A. nana.  Crypts suffered relatively minor
damage.  The plants recovered following several large water changes.
--
Kevin Conlin  Montreal, Canada  "We're Canadians.  We HAVE to be polite"
Finger as332 at freenet_carleton.ca for PGP public key.