[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Apple Snails and Ich

Rochelle Williams Wrote:

>>Sorry to be off topic but figured some people on the list will keep
apple
or mystery snails in their planted tanks and may know the answer.
I've a
slight case of ich in one tank and wonder if apple snails are infected
by
or carry ich?  I plan to treat by raising the temp to 85 and adding
salt.
 After a few days, if it doesn't improve, then I'll medicate.  Because
of
the live plants, medication is not the preferred route to take.  I've
good idea what triggered the ich attack and that problem is fixed (I
think).  Any info is appreciated.<<

Rochelle,

I don't know about whether or not they can carry ich. However I would
be concerned about keeping apple snails in a planted tank. I kind of
like snails and other inverts so keep a number of different kinds (7
identifiable snail types). I found that apple snails and Columbian
ramshorns can both be very destructive plant eaters. I keep both these
types in a seperate 10 gallon tank and feed them off of plant cuttings
from my tanks, lettuce and zucchini.

Rhonda