[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Apple snails and ich

William,

You might find the Sera branded product "EctoPur" suitable for treating ich
in your mixed snail and fish aquarium. I have used it repeatedly in marine
invertebrate aquaria, with reasonable success. Although it *never* harmed
the invertebrates, it is not a total cure. As far as I can work out, it
contains no drugs, but rather a blend of salts.

It usually cleared up mild infections of a broad range of external
parasites. If the fish are severly infected, it might not be 100-pc
effective.

The snails might not appreciate too high a temperature, so proceed along
that path with caution!

All the best from a fellow apple snail keeper!

Neale.

>From  Neale Monks' Macintosh PowerBook, at...

Department of Palaeontology, Natural History Museum, London, SW7 5BD
Internet: N.Monks at nhm_ac.uk, Telephone: 0171-938-9007