[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Plant Trimming Tools

> From: STDIXON <stdixon at bechtel_com>

> I use Eheim tongs for all sorts of purposes.  One of the snipping tools I
> sometimes use for plant trimming is Swiss Army knife scissors.  In my
> dreams I can almost see exactly how to fit my Swiss Army knife scissors
> into the Eheim tongs jaws.  So far I've been unwilling to risk losing both
> my tongs and my army knife in an experiment.
>
> Does anyone know of any snipping tools with a 24" reach?  I would be
> willing to buy the surgical scissors that Amano uses, but I still don't
> think I could reach my plants and see what I was doing at the same time.

Just buy any inexpensive children scissors (metal blades, not plastic)
and attach the ends to thin wooden rods or plastic hard tubing of any
length desired.  You might have to cut the handles of the scissors off
to fit it inside the end of the tubing.

My dad made one for me almost 10 years ago and I'm still using it.

Frank Ngoh