[Prev][Next][Index]

Problem with Amazon Swords - news leaves are clear & rotting

I've got three Amazon Swords in a planted discus tank and the new leaves
are clear and rotting.  I assume I'm deficient in some element/mineral,
but I'm not sure which? My other plants (vallisneria, cryptocorynes,
ceratopteris, anubias, and microsorum) are all fine.  Unfortunately, I
don't know how much K and N is in the tank.  Is this sign that I need to
add more Fe?  The water parameters are: ph 6.6, kH is 3, GH is 60ppm,
Nitrates are about 12.5 mg/l, temp is 85 degrees F.  I have 120 watts of
lighting over this 50 gallon tank and I am using a DIY CO2 reactor. I do
add Flourish liquid fertilizer every other week and I am using Kent's RO
Right (water from the tap is soft).

Thanks for any comments and you can email me back directly,
--
Walter P. Wu
Vanstar Contractor

"I hold the paper up to the computer screen,
click on the send FAX button, and nothing happens!"