[Prev][Next][Index]

Emersed tank

I'm getting ready to startup a 10 gallon emersed tank, as I'm very interested
in trying this... I'll have 3 - 5 inches of over the substrate (any
suggestions for CHEAP substrate?) Can someone help me with some plants that
will do good? What about certain crypts, certain swords, lizards tail, etc.?

Please give me enough suggestions to nicely stock this tank with some plants
that will do good emersed...

Also, as far as fertilizer and nutrients is concerned. If these plants grow
emersed, then they're going to want their nutrients from the roots, not from
the water, right? Soooo, what should I use as substrate? What should I put in
the substrate? Since there won't be any fish, I don't have to worry about
fertilizers (i.e. "garden section" fertilizers) that would be toxic to the
fish.

So basically, what's some good plants, as well as a good substrate and
fertilization method? Thanks!