[Prev][Next][Index]

B. longifolia flowers

  I have four flowers coming up from several Barclaya in my aquarium.  The
first one shot up then stopped approximately an inch from the surface and has
stayed there for the last week and a half.  The second one has stopped a
little below the first.  My first question is what can I do to get the flower
buds to continue up to and above the surface?  And my second question regards
the likelihood of successfully crossfertilizing these flowers.  Has anyone
out there ever done this with Barclaya or other plants?  What recomendations
might you have?

Thanks, Nathan