[Prev][Next][Index]

Barclaya Ressurection

> From: "David W. Webb" <dwebb at ti_com>
>
> I have a slightly interesting story that I'll relate to the list concerning
> my Barclaya longifolia.
,,,

> This morning, I was scanning the recently cleared view across the front of
> my tank, and what to my wondering eyes did appear, but a new rosette of
> leaves coming up from the Barclaya bulb that had since dropped to the floor
> of the tank.

You know, reading your message reminded me of a similar experience: I
bought some B. longifolia bulbs (with big leaves) a few years ago, and
they proceeded to die off within a few weeks... then many months (maybe a
year?) later, a rosette spontaneously sprung up through the bed of crypts
I had planted over the spot.  It was very cool.

    - Erik
    Snowbound in Seattle

---
Erik D. Olson					         amazingly, at home
eriko at wrq_com