[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: ballast interference

>I've never had any problems with them generating any type
>of interference, when working properly.

When it comes to Electro/Magnetic Interference it helps to remind ourselves
that EMI requires both a transmitter and a receiver.
Probably the worst offender when it comes to unwanted EMI is the heater,
regardless of mfg.  The reason that it does not  offend as much as they used
to is due to filtering supplied to the recievers by their manufactures .

If a ballast is transmitting RF waves it is usually easy to filter out if
hipass and lowpass filters are attached to the ballast ground and to the TV
or stereo . These can easily be purchased at a local Radio Shack.

Best to you..............Ric
Ric Cooney, N3BRB
Mailto:RicCooney at aol_com
"Maryland is for Crabbs....................I'm Trying to do my Share"