[Prev][Next][Index]

constructed wetland for Aquaculture

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "John Doe" <Username at valinet_com>
To: <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
Subject: constructed wetland for Aquaculture wastewater
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 22:53:32 -0500

I am overseeing the operation of a constructed wetlands for Aquaculture
wastewater. Specifically, Tilapia (freshwater) fish wastewater.
Currently my flow is 6 gal./min. but soon to go to 15 gal./min. and within
3 months up to 24 gal./min.
Our main objective is to remove nitrate-N and phosphate.
Currently the plant we chose to help is Phalaris arundinacea (Canary
Grass).
The media we are using is peat moss, rockwool "stonewool" and a combination
of the two.

Q:  What plants might do well in this wastewater, media and/or treatment
objective?

Q:  How can I help the plant density (for increased hydraulic conductivity
through the media) establish quickly?

Q:  What combination of plants might work best?

Thank you in advance.	Dan
My e-mail address is DNITZ at VALINET_COM