[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #386

> Subject: Tungsten Halogen

> I have seen some of these lights (for illuminating driveways etc) and am
> wondering "why not?"
As I understand it, Tungsten Halogen lamps are not the most efficient
bulbs around. Your initial cost savings will soon be eaten up by the
cost of electricity. Also, these bulbs get very, very hot. This issue
has come up before, and the general consensus was go ahead and spend the
money on fluorescent or metal halide bulbs.

> Somebody please clue me in here-what is an SAE? Thanks.

SAE stands for Siamese Algae Eater. There's a really excellent article
about them at The Aquatic Gardener web-site.

> What does PMDD stand for?

Poor Man's Dupla (or daily) Drops. A DIY (do-it-yourself) fertilizer mix
that many people, including myself, are having excellent results with.

Note to Newbies: Much wonderful info, and the answers to many of your
questions, can be found at The Krib. Try
http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/
Hope this helps, Pat Bowerman