[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Copper as snail killer

>Since copper is such a good snail eradicator <snip>

I'm not so sure it is.  I seem to have raised a strain of mutants in my
10 gallon molly tank (unplanted) that aren't terribly bothered by it...
refugees from the great snail war of last year.

>I was wondering whether anyone has experimented using diluted
>solutions of say CopperSafe as a plant dip, or even intoduced low
>levels of copper directly into the aquarium.

You're probably still much better off using the ol'  1:19 bleach dip.  I
think some plants might be sensitive to high levels of Cu in the
water (some fish too?)

Jonathan

Energetics, Inc
7164 Gateway Drive