Hi. I was wondering if you could take a few minutes and complete this
survey. I'm trying to incorporate topics of interest to freshwater
aquarists in my column in AFQ. Please reply only to cbingman at netcom_com
Please do not flood the list with replies. Even if your reply sounds a lot
like bragging. :0
1. What product or chemical do you use as a "buffer" in your aquarium?
2. Do you use RO water? How do you treat the water for water exchanges?
3. What iron concentration do you target in your aquarium?
4. How do you measure the iron concentration?
5. What trace element supplement do you use? If you use a commercial
preparation, do you add other chemicals as well?
6. Do you add amendments (additional chemicals) to your tap water
before you add it to your aquarium? (omitting dechlorinators.)
7. What aquarium magazines do you read?
8. What chemical descriptors (total alkalinity, general hardness, CO2, pH,
nutrients, etc.) do you follow in your aquarium? How often do you test?
9. What (if any) electronic monitoring devices or controllers are on
your aquarium? (pH, ORP, dissolved oxygen, conductivity, etc.)
10. Do you use CO2 injection on your aquarium?
11. Do you use activated carbon on your aquarium?
12. What is the nitrate concentration in your aquarium?
13. Do you have problems with unwanted algal growth?
14. What is the phosphate concentration in your planted aquarium?
Please respond by e-mail only to cbingman at netcom_com. Please do not
respond to the list. Do not hit "reply," do not pass go. ;)
Thanks for your time.