[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Once more on Laterite

> From: James Purchase <jpp at inforamp_net>
> Date: Fri, 06 Dec 1996 23:17:48 -0500

Thanks for checking on the laterite "problem".  It good to know that
Duplarit is still leagal.

> Apparently, Terralit is charged with a non-water soluable fertilizer
> that is only released to plant roots and not into the general water
> column (would cut down on algae).

Being a cynic, I have to note that the processes in substrate that are
quantified by Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC) also only release nutrients
to the plant roots "by adsorption".   And this also sounds a lot like
what "chelation" does.  But I'm sure that Aqualine-Buschke really does
have some magic thing going on here :-).

George