Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #367

> From: psears at NRCan_gc.ca (Paul Sears)
> Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 08:47:29 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: Re: "K2O", cation exchange

> The potassium will be there as a salt.  Unfortunately, there are no 
> easy ways that I know to measure K in water.  If anyone finds one,
> I would like to hear about it, as it would be very useful!

Hach has a turbidimetric method for potassium available for their 
colorimeters and spectrophotometers.

Yes, either AA or ICP would also work just fine.  You should plan on 
paying an absolute minimum of $50 per standard ICP panel, or a bare 
minimum of $10-20 for one element, one sample.