[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: manual CO2 off at night?

Hello all,

Wanted to jump in on the debate about solenoid valves to turn manual CO2
delivery off at night.  I also have found that a solenoid is not
absolutley  necesary.
I monitored my pH levels just before lights out and lights on and found
a 0.5 pH drop. My pH fluctuates around 7 with a kH of 4.  I use a power
filter for diffusion, which is probably not the most efficient process.
If one has a more efficient diffuser, or softer water, a solenoid valve
might be necesary.  Like everything else in this hobby, it depends on your
own particular set of circumstances!

Paul B.

Paul  A. Bucciaglia
Research Associate, Dept. of Agronomy and Plant Genetics
University of Minnesota
St. Paul, MN 55108

ph:  	612 625-7714
fx: 	612 625-1268