[Prev][Next][Index]

MV lamps, etc.

I confess - I was the person who was quite dubious about Metal Halide lamps,
as the ones I was familiar with were the blue MV  Street lights.

I was wrong, wrong, wrong, and have done appropriate penance. Apparently, a
lot of various gases are now added to the mix in such bulbs, and bulbs with
very nice spectra for growing plants are available.  So - - - yes, there ARE
some very good MV, etc., lamps for our aquaria.

That is one of the nice things about this List - lots of room for learning
new things, and time to Unlearn wrong things.   Thanks to those who patiently
corrected me the first time, I guess your answers were missed by some.