[Prev][Next][Index]

Chloride

I recently received a water report from my supplier, after reading advice here
and elsewhere to find out whether chlorine or chloramines were present. the
report said instead "Chloride as Cl 46mg/l" I continued to age/boil the water
until I spotted an advert for a sea water additve which contains Chloride. Is my
tap water safe for the tank, or do I need to treat?
I also note that the water contains 38mg/l nitrate, and 0.076mg/l nitrite. Do I
have to worry about these amounts?