[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Laterite availability. Tropical soils in Texas?

The recent concern over continued availability of Dupla laterite, and the note from Australia
concerning tropical soils in Northwest Territory there, make me wonder whether anyone has tried
good old "Texas gumbo". This is a very heavy, clay soil common on the gulf coast. Our climate
certainly rivals the tropical, though our winters are colder. The stuff certainly supports lush
plant growth, as anyone who has had to wade through the bayou and marsh country will attest.

Any thoughts?

Rick Denney