[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: What plants for discus tank?

> From: misiak <misiak at foto_infi.net>
> Hi,
>         I would like to add some plants to one of my discus tanks and
> was wondering if some could assists me in making a selection.... This is a
[snip]

   I'm currently keeping or have kept (successfully) the following species
in my discus tank:  Hygrophila polysperma, Rotala macrandra, Echinodorus
tenneles, Vallisneria torta, Aponogeton crispus, Cryptocoryne wendtii,
Ludwigia sp. (needle leaf ludwigia), Cabomba caroliniana, and a few
others that I do not know the scientific nor common name for.  My
favorites of the above species are Ludwigia and Cabomba, they are more
'dense' than the other stem plants.  I'd suggest taking a look at the Krib
if you haven't already, there's several descriptions of planted, discus
tanks there.  http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/Krib/Plants/People/
   Tank specs:  20g tank, 84 F, 6.8 pH, 60W flo. lighting 11 hrs/day,
soil/vermiculate substrate, DIY CO2.

--
Alan Christensen
abc at uts_cc.utexas.edu                 http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~abc/