[Prev][Next][Index]

What's this plant?

Sold to me by a local fish store.  Stem cuttings in rockwool.
Leaves are paired, look like about 1-2cm in length, edge is jagged like
mint.  Light green.  Closest thing I've seen by way of description is one
picture in an all-Chinese book Neil Frank sold me a few years ago, which
places it as Rorippa aquatica aka Armoracea aquatica.  However, the
specimens I've seen of that plant before put it as a rosette plant.  Heck,
George even sent me some that look nothing like this.  Oh, and there's a
quick picture I took with a digital camera over at
http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/armor.jpg
(it's the one that seems to be bathed in sickly white radiation).

Clues?

  - Erik

---
Erik D. Olson					         amazingly, at home
eriko at wrq_com