[Prev][Next][Index]

Glossostigma et.al. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 96 10:27:55 PST
From: Brian Hogate <a0002346 at airmail_net>
To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at ActWin_com
Subject: Glossostigma et.al.

Well, I finally found it.  Glossostigma that is.  But now that I have it in my tank, it is not doing so well.

55 gallon tank
pH=6.8
temp=76-78 F
KH=7 (pretty high for a plant tank)
DIY CO2 not sure of the CO2 level as Tetra does not make a good test
160 watts 80 w. Ultra Tri-Lux and 80 w. Tri-Lux
Dupla drops every day (that I am home or my wife remembers to put them in the tank while I am on business)
Very few (7) small fish

Plants are as follows:

Red Ludwigia (new in tank some new growth)
Giant Hygro (some white / transparent spots on the leaves)
Rotala indica (new plant for this tank showing some growth)
Glossostigma (leaves falling off) newly planted 4 days ago
Lilaeopsis brasiliensis (growing very slowly but starting to fill in)
Hygrophilia difformis (grows too wildly)
Hygrophillia polysperma (few days in tank new growth)
Cabomba (doing so so)
Asst. Crypts (doing well)
Melon Sword (been in for 5 days already puting out a new leaf)

Any suggestions 'floating' around out there would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Brian Hogate
Tetra Second nature