[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #341

> From: RevWCw at aol_com
> Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 23:57:49 -0500
> the cover glass.  What is the thinking on this?  I have NO T-8 flourscents (2
> Vita-Lite and 1 Tri-Lux) with endcaps on a remote electronic ballast.

Since when has Vita-Lite and Tri-Lux been available in T-8?  Or are you
just saying T-8 to be trendy? :)

(As an aside: Actually, yes I know 18", 20-watt and some 36", 30-watt
bulbs are manufactured in T-8 SIZE, and have been for 20 years.  They're
NOT the energy-efficient T-8's that we blab about in this list every day.)

> BTW, the 64 oz plastic bottle that Ocean Spray uses to bottle its juices (I
> have their Ruby Red & Tangerine in front of me) makes a tremendous DIY
> yeast-CO2 generator.  Plus the juice is better for you than Coke.

My friends who used gallon containers usually had worse luck with CO2
generation (not sure why, though.  Perhaps they didn't scale the mix
appropriately, and there was way too much excess oxygen in the bottle
every time they opened up the system to mix a new batch).

       - Erik

---
Erik D. Olson					         amazingly, at home
eriko at wrq_com