[Prev][Next][Index]

Re:culturing Daphnia

>o Is anyone culturing daphnia? esp. with plants and/or algae?
>  Any techniques you could share? Live foods are very important
>  to successful raising of most killies.

I have Daphnia in most of my tanks, except the ones where I have fish,
where I invariabily get green water unless I keep the light less than 1
watt of T-12 fluorescent per gallon.  If I want to multiply up Daphnia
rapidly, I just feed them green water from one of my tanks with fish.  I
have one 15 gallon that has guppies and 3 watts per gallon where the green
water algae are so thick you could almost use the water for green ink.
Visibility is about 1/2 inch.  .

In mild Jackson, Mississippi, where we have yet to have our first killing
frost, but it is coming next week.