[Prev][Next][Index]

90 gallon plant tank suggestions (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 07:13:57 -0800
From: amc2 at ix_netcom.com
To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at ActWin_com
Subject: 90 gallon plant tank suggestions

IMHO, save your money on under gravel heating and put it into Triton
Fluorescent tubes.  I have used them since they came on the market and they
have been great.  They grow every plant that I want; and last, effectively,
for over two years. (These tubes shut off when the effectiveness falls more
than 10% -- a patented tube).  That way, you will not have to be changing
tubes every six months -- which actually makes the Tritons a less expensive
investment.

I haven't seen any great results from "undergravel" heating and the largest
growers in the World of aquatic plants are in Florida, where they certainly
do not use heating from below the gravel!

Good luck!

Merrill