[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #332

Aquatic-Plants at ActWin_com,Internet writes:
>.  Anyway, the lights went out as usual later in the
>night and half an hour later when I happened to peek into the tank again,
>all the eggs were gone!!
>
>Can someone please tell me what happened?

   I've had very limited experience with Angel fish breeding, but
I do know that either male or female can and will eat their own eggs,
even after protecting them and caring for them for several days.
I'm not "breeding," but I do not have two fry that I salvaged
from the most recent batch of eggs laid by two of my Angels.  I
have the fry in a separate tank.  From what I've read and from
my very limited experience, removing the eggs from the tank
gives a better chance of survival, especially in a community
tank like the one I have.