Needle valves

In reply to the question posted by Cynthia Powers, I have a manual CO2
system from a hydroponic mailorder store. I think what you are referring
to as the small knob (mine has a flowmeter; a metal ball in a column of
air to monitor the flow) is the needle valve. It fine tunes the flow of
air out from the regulator.