[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Sandpoint CO2 System (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 20:02:31
From: "Douglas C. Skokna" <dougcs at gnn_com>
To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com
Subject: Re: Sandpoint CO2 System

Scott Corbeil wrote:

>I am intersted in  getting my hands on the SandPoint CO2 system.  I'm =
>aware they have gone out of business but thought there may be some =
>retailers out there who have units in stock.  I would also be interested =
>in talking with anyone who my be interested in selling such a system.

Today while waiting to get my 2 lb CO2 bottle filled at a welding shop, I
inquired about a 10 lb bottle.  The discussion led to building a CO2
system.  The individual I talked to said he would be able to supply the
bottle, valve, regulator and gauges for somewhere around $250.  To get a
manual system you would also need a needle valve to regulate the supply to
the aquarium.  FYI, I add CO2 continuously using a needle valve to control
the rate.  This has worked very well for almost 3 years.

If you have any welding shops near you, take the catalog and see what they
can do.

Doug Skokna in cloudy and humid  Houston, TX