10 hours Dip in Chlorine !!

>From: Stephen.Pushak at saudan_HAC.COM
>Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 16:39:58 PST
>Subject: bleach and Vallisneria
>Scott Corbeil used a three minute bleach dip on 100 corkscrew val plants
>and got "a mass of residual plant goo". That's pretty normal.
>Vals, Sagittaria, Elodea and similar fast growing plants are badly
>affected by bleach. I'd limit the dip to two minutes for the first
>two but it's very probable that you're going to loose all the existing

1 minute? 2 minutes ? 3 minutes or 10 hours?!!

Well, I did not notice as to how the chlorine was diluted ie how many parts
of water to one part of chlorine.

I have tried dipping plants for 30 minutes (!!) without any mass of goo.
Frankly, I didn't intend for that length of time, but was too busy preparing
other stuff. All 27 species were ok. Snails went dead, so does the eggs.

The bottom point here is, even if you dip it for 2 minutes, it will die if
the chlorine was not diluted enough. BEWARE !!