[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #277

> From: James Wong <u2120863 at acsusun_acsu.unsw.edu.au>
> Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 12:31:45 +1000 (EST)
> Subject: Toxicity of potassium and magnesium?
>
> Hello fishfolks,
>
> I wondering if any of you out there know the toxicity of either potassium
> sulfate or magnesium sulfate. Specifically, up to what levels can these
> substances (Mg, K and SO4 ions) be considered safe in an aquarium. This
> question does not seem to have been addressed in the archives.
>
> Thanks in advance

There was a very brief spiel about K in a practical aquariums and water
gardens a while back. From memory the author belived that it could easily
reach 50ppm without problems and perhaps more. It is pretty easy to find
and add anyway, I usually add about a half teaspoon to my 120L tank with
a water change and then have some in a PMDD type recipe as well.

Peter Hughes