[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #275

I need help with plant ID.

As it is now, the plant is about 10 inches tall with about 5 inches of stem
before the leaves start.

This plant has leaves that are opposite each other.  About 1/2 to 1 inch up
the stem there is another set of leaves opposite the first.   Like the first
leaves are east and west, the next leaves are north and south.

The leaves are sort of oval, kind of like poplar or aspen,  with saw-tooth
edged to a varying degree.

A light green color with silvery-white spots, like a varigated philadendrom.

I have had this in the tank for about 4 weeks and now where ever there were
leaves there are roots starting to grow out.

My question is:

Does anyone know what this is?    and   Should I replant the stem of this
plant since it seems to be looking for a place to root?

Thanks for your help,

Cheralyn