[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: cyanobacteria from Flourish?

> From: "David W. Webb" <dwebb at ti_com>
>
> I started adding Flourish to my tank several months ago instead of just
> Duplaplant 24 drops because some of my plants were showing a K deficiency.
> I think I will probably be adding micronized iron to the tank substrate
> soon however, because I think the Flourish isn't high enough in Fe.  With
> no changes in the tank other than the switch in fertilizers, I'm now
> experiencing significant cyanobacteria growth.  Previously, you could

	Hey, I started supplementing the Dupla with Flourish a few months
	ago, myself, and I've had lots of blue-green algae recently.  I was
	wondering myself whether it was the Flourish or something new
	in our city water.

	I did leave the Flourish out of the refrigerator for a couple of
	days by mistake -- it has a little smell -- maybe I ought to toss it.

> search for cyanobacteria and find it, but it wasn't evident in large
> amounts.

	I never saw any before, but I just cleaned out several large globs of
	the stuff and it's still all in wy Myriophylum.

	Can Flourish rot?  According to the label it's got amino acids.

John Schmaus
Lucent Technologies
schmaus at dr_lucent.com
(303) 538-3565