[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Plant food/snails

Dont add miracle grow fertilizer to your substrate! If you have already
added topsoil and vermiculite, the fertilizer is unnecessary. The biggest
problem with it is the phosphate which in most cases should not be added
to a tank. The gravel cover is also probably inadequate ... IMHO you need
an inch of fine gravel/coarse sand.

I use ramshorn snails to good effect ... they eat lots of algae and never
touch the plants. When they get too numerous I just collect a bunch
during my weekly trimming. I also find that they are not that noticeable
in a heavily planted tank, though your opinion may differ.

dave.