[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Potassium, chemical forms

> You can also get potassium alone as a fertilizer at some gardening stores.
> This, however, is mostly potassium oxide, rather than potassium chloride.
>
> Paul Krombholz                  Tougaloo College, Tougaloo, MS  39174
> In cool, dry Mississippi

	Although the potassium content of fertilizers is usually stated
as "K2O", it is _not_ there as K2O!!!  This is just a convention, used
only for fertilizers, as far as I am aware.  Making K2O would be very
difficult, or just about impossible - I have found to chemical reference
to it.

--
Paul Sears        Ottawa, Canada

Finger ap626 at freenet_carleton.ca for PGP public key.