Date: 08 Oct 96 13:00:45 EDT
From: Holly Kriendler <103506.401 at CompuServe_COM>
To: Aquatic-Plants <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
Subject: Algae Project USA

From
Christian Tieben
University of Hannover\Germany

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a student of the University of Hannover\Germany, working in a project on
algae (seaweeds). Considering the importance of algae for the economy of the USA
we guess it to be an important support for our project to get informations you
might send us concerning this field.
We are focusing the following aspects:

- How important are algae as economic factor in the USA?
- Which products are directly manufactured from algaes?
- Where are algae cultivated and manufactured,and which are the
preconditions of cultivation and manufacturing?
- What about the costs of the production process and the cost -    benefit
relation?
- Figures on import and export of algae?

We hope that you can help us to find answers to these questions, additional
information, materials and ADRESSES about algaes are always welcome.
My current address for the next 10 weeks in the USA is:
	Christian Tieben
	18103 Lake Bend Drive
	Houston, Texas 77084
	Fax: 713-827-4326
	Email: 103506.401 at CompuServe_com
(or	Email: cornelssen at wirt_fh-hannover.de (for Germany))

Thank you very much in advance for helping us. In case of any questions, please
feel free to contact me.

Yours sincerely
christian Tieben