[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #228

> From: Jason Jones <kjones at connect_net>
> Subject: spotted pictus and java fern
>
>   I was hoping to get a spotted pictus cat. I was afraid it
> would eat my java fern and water sprite.

Jason, I think that you refer either to Pimelodus pictus or P. maculatus.
They are predators, so you have to worry more about your smallest fish,
not about your plants.  Pimelodus cats don't eat plants, and they are not
clumsy enough to destroy them otherwise.  I think they (at least P. pictus)
prefer to live in groups, so get more than one.

Liisa Sarakontu
from chilly, rainy and windy Espoo, Finland