[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Fish hate plants

Hello Magnus,

> I have 2 herotilapia multispinosa, and each time they spawn they destroys a=
> ll=20
> the plants on their half of their 540 l tank...
> What should I do?
> /magnus hallin

	I'm not sure what type of fish this is, but it is typical
behaviour for some fish.  They choose a territory/breeding site, and
then when the time comes to spawn, they make sure nothing is in their
way to obstruct their view of any possible intruders.  It's just so
that they don't suddenly get ambushed by a predator hiding behind a
clump of plants.  Perhaps moving them to another tank to spawn would
solve your problems.

Regards,

Chris Teichreb