[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: CO2 reactor

>>IMO the best way to dissolve CO2 in water is to use a box placed upside down
>>on top of the tank (something like a diving bell).

I think the risk with a box at surface level is that it will cut into the
oxygen/water interface. Of course, the loss depends on how large the box is
compared to the area of the water surface.

Submerging the box gets rid of this potential problem. But the size of the
box may still matter. Haven't I read on this list about fish getting
trapped inside a CO2 box or dome and dying from CO2 inhalation?

Greg. Tong
San Francisco, CA, USA
gtong at sirius_com

"Every infinity is composed of only two halves."