[Prev][Next][Index]

Yeast CO2 Generators

I used to make a lot of wine, and the "normal" fermentation of grape juice,
etc., is quite vigorously for from 2 to 4 weeks, followed by a much slower
fermentation for as long as 3 months.  The alcohol is the ultimate yeast
killer, as it is not at all difficult to produce a wine with quite a lot of
unfermented sugar, hence the term "sweet wine."  I am wondering if anyone has
tried using WINE STRAINS of yeast? They are far more tolerant to alcohol than
bread  baking yeasts.  Wine yeasts might well produce much longer, more
stable fermentations.

Just a thought.  Any comments?