[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #190

>Do you know some  acuatic-plants which accumulate sulfate in their  tissues??
>
>Thank you
>
>Jorge Bravo

I havn't heard of any that accumulate lots of sulfate, but all plants need
sulfur as a macronutrient, and so any aquatic plant species would use some
sulfur.  Fundamentals of Limnology, Vol. III, by G. Evelyn Hutchinson, 1983
has a good review of the tissue analysis literature with respect to aquatic
plants.  A recent Bioscience magazine had a review article on using aquatic
plants to take various pollutants out of water.  I don't have the issue
here, but I think it was around October to December, 1995.

In much cooler Mississippi.