[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Substrate query

> From: Miles Morrissey <mmorriss at sophia_smith.edu>
> Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 01:12:27 -0400 (EDT)
>
> I was thinking of using vermiculite, top soil and 500g of duplarit.
> Amano suggests using gravel of different diameters
> Is this over kill? ...

Yes.

If you want to use a method that has been proven successful, follow
those instructions.  The worst thing you can do is combine all known
techniques in one setup.  Either use one proven method or the another.
Don't try to mix and match advice unless you want to have an
"experimental tank" and possibly a "mess".

The Malaysian snails should be fine in any tank.

George