[Prev][Next][Index]

Breeding SAE's ?

This may be slightly off topic but I figure that if anyone knows about SAEs
it's this group.  I got 8 SAEs several weeks ago when they were about .75" in
size.  They did their job on the hair & green algae and rapidly grew to about
1.75 to 2".  Now 1 of them has developed a  rounded belly (no its not
constipated) and is staking out a territory.  It's been doing a "dance" with
a few of the other fish (the two of them swimming head to tail in circles for
30 to 90 secs at a time) and then they go off into the marked out territory.
 Are these guys trying to breed?  I haven't seen any eggs or parental
behavior but I've found so little on the topic that I have nothing to go on.
 Any help would be appreicated.

Lil Banchik