[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Crypt roots growing up

Recently there has been some speculation about crypt roots growing up from
the substrate.  I have seen this in all my crypts except nevellii and
parva.  It looks like a normal thing seen in well-established crypts.  I am
sure that this type of root growth is normal.  These upward-growing roots
may improve the plant's ability to remove nutrients from the water, and
they may also be useful in traping  debris, thus building up the soil and
counteracting erosion.

In much cooler Mississippi.