[Prev][Next][Index]

Tissue Cultured Aquarium Plants

Subject: Tissue Cultured Aquarium Plants

> Has anyone purchased aquarium  plants that were commercially pro
> tissue culture (micropropagation)?  I would be interested in kno
> general  impressions on thier quality and growth.

I know that Tropica uses this system extensively.  Since their
plants are top quality, I wouldn't worry about it.  According to
Claus Christensen, this method produces many more disease free
baby plants because of their start in a sterile environment than
could be produced otherwise.  Anything that cuts production costs
(by cutting losses at the grower's) reduces the end price to
consumers.  Seems to me that's a good thing!<g>

Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Assoc.
Boston, MA