[Prev][Next][Index]

No Subject

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 11:07:58 -0500 (EST)
From: DIONIGI MALADORNO <MALADORD%A1%RNISD0 at mr_nut.roche.com>
Subject: Otocinclus diet
To: AQUATIC PLANTS <Aquatic-Plants at ActWin_com>

<<<<<<<<<I fed my otos with zucchini and bottom feeder wafer occasionally
and they still cleaned up the algae. While we are on the subject, I just
find out that my otos are omnivore. I left a ball of live tubifex on a
clay plate for my corys and I noticed that the otos were congregating in
the plate slurping the worms. Did anybody else notice this ?

Hardjono>>>>>>>>>

Interesting to know! I have two A. affinis in a 20-gal tank that have been
living very happily for about two years, just scavanging around what is left
by the other fishes. There is no visible algae in the tank, but I am sure
there is a thin invisible film since they keep cleaning up glass and leaves
that look otherwise OK.  Same think in another 10-gallon, which however I
have set up only recently, and where algae have disappeared only a month
ago. I do not think that a moderate Otocinclus population needs special
feeding attention in an estabilished planted community tank, but likewise
there is nothing wrong in cooking something special for them!

Dionigi