[Prev][Next][Index]

Plant ID, Tropica vs. Dupla

Subject: Plant ID

> I set up my 1st tank 10 days ago. I bought 3 plants from Petco -
> there could identify them, but they seem to be doing well. One p
> looks just like "miniature wheat" about 4 inches tall. I THINK t
> plant is "spewing" stringy material around the tank in order to
> reproduce. "Threads" are appearing everywhere and small plants a
> springing up, but they don't yet look like the plant I suspect o
> reproducing.
>
> Are these "strings" identifiable as a plant reproducing, or do I
> some type of algae cropping up?

Sounds like algae to me.  I can't think of an aquatic plant that
looks like wheat, and when ever someone tells me about an
unidentified plant purchased at a pet store, my first thought is
"terrestial plant".  I'd look through some house plant books and
see if you can find your plant.

Subject: Windelov's Tropica Catalogue?

> >Does anyone know where I can find "Windelov's Tropica Catalogue

> Idont think that there is a real catalogue, because dupla only s

Tropica and Dupla are two different companies.  Tropica produces
aquarium plants in Denmark, Dupla produces equipment and supplies
for aquariums (planted and marine) in Germany.

Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Assoc.
Boston, MA