[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Pistia

Jan Fidrmuc writes....
>I would like to know what are the best conditions to grow Pistia
>stratiotes. So far, I put it in a jar with some soil and gravel at
>the bottom and about 5cm/2in. of water. The jar is on the window
>sill (at room temp). Does is need higher humidity (i.e. should I
>cover the jar) or higher temp?

My neighbour grows it very successfully in a typical 65 gallon
aquarium at 78F with two fluorescent lamps, a gravel substrate,
and no additives nor CO2. The tank is covered and the plants do not
have to compete with other floating plants for space or nutrition.

--
Dave Whittaker                       ac554 at FreeNet_Carleton.CA
Gloucester, Ontario                  dwhitt at magmacom_com