[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Apon. mad? (Lace Plant) Update - 12th month

Bob Hoffman wrote, Aug 10:

>...........Snipped............As a final note for those of you who may want
>to try growing this plant, you need a LARGE tank.  IMO, Anything less than 50
>gal. is to small. Ummm... good excuse for new larger tank.  Next update at 18
>months.

I am wondering if you have A. guilotii, since you are saying it is so big.
A. guilotii has flowers with 5 pink spikes, is self-sterile, and can get
too big even for a 75 gallon tank. (Petioles of the leaves reach the
surface.)  Its leaves are long and narrow, compared to the other two
Aponogeton species.

In steamy Mississippi.