[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: ALTERNATIVES TO SAES

Chris at Tideline Aquatics in Charleston recommended I try scats to eat
red-hair algae. Although they are brackish-water fish, I bought a pair and
they are munching away to beat the band. They also seem to have adapted well
to the fresh water. The ones I bought are reddish-brown and about the size
of a fifty-cent piece and, though they have a reputation for being
aggressive, I have seen no evidence of it. What I have seen is a dramatic
reduction in that black ugly algae clinging to the edges of my Crinums,
Anubias and Amazons. Worth a try.
Justin Healy in Savannah where the Sailing Olympics won't be clogging up
traffic anymore.