[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #110

-

>From: bowkerg at NTU_EDU.AU (Gail Bowker)
>Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 09:06:24 +0930
>Subject: Dupla differences
>
>Does anyone know what the difference is  between Dupla K and Dupla G?

K is the ball form (KLumps as George would say :)
G is the loose form you add in a setup.

-Roni

>From: olga at arts_ubc.ca
>Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 16:43:20 -0700
>Subject: Substrate colour
>
>Well, there's been lots of discussion about substrates here. How about the
>colour of the substrate? Does anyone have any ideas on whether a dark or
>light substrate is better? I have a friend who's aquarium has white gravel
>and one who's aquarium has black gravel. Both tanks look terrific. What are
>the pros and cons of dark or light? I ask because I've been thinking of
>laying some darker gravel over my light brown variety.

I think it depends on what fish you're keeping.  Most fish from the Amazon
come from areas with a dark bottom surface so they would probably appreciate
a darker surface.  I've always used Texblast gravel in my tanks w/no problems.

-Roni